Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home

Archive Research Center

Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: J. H. Jones

Ship owner: Crawford Tug Co.; J. Clark

Ship builder: W. Marlton, Goderich, Ontario

Engine builder: J. Doty Engine Works, Toronto, Ontario

Year ship built: 1888

Year engine built: 1888

Final disposition: Wrecked at Lion's Head, Ontario on November 22, 1906.



1) J. Clark, Goderich, Ontario

2) Crawford Tug Co., Wiarton, Ontario

Registry number: C. 90769

Hull number: None

Vessel type: Passenger and Freight; Tug

Height: 10

Width: 21

Length: 107

Stroke length: 20

Gross tonnage: 208

Net tonnage: 142

Materials: Wood

Engine type: Simple

Piston 1: 18

The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.

Back to Top