Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home

Archive Research Center

Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: Thomas Jefferson

Ship owner: C.M. Reed et Alii

Ship builder: S. Jenkins, Erie, Panama

Engine builder: J. P. Allaire

Year ship built: 1834

Year engine built: 1834

Final disposition: Altered in 1844 to elevator (Lytle List) and (EH).


Engines removed in 1884 and put into Louisiana in 1845. Illustrated by S. W. Stanton (p.42).

Registry number: None too early.

Hull number: None

Vessel type: Passenger, sidewheel

Height: 9.8

Width: 26.8

Length: 174 o.a.

Gross tonnage: 428

Materials: Wood

Engine type: Cross-head, L.P.

The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.

Back to Top