Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home

Archive Research Center

Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: D. B. Hanna

Other name(s): Collingdoc

Ship owner: Paterson Steamships, Ltd.; Union Transit, Ltd.

Ship builder: Furness Shipbuilding Co., Haverton Hill on Tees, Durham, England

Engine builder: Earle's Ship Building and Engineering Co.

Year ship built: 1925

Year engine built: 1925

Final disposition: Mined By enemy action on July 13, 1941, near Southend, England. Hull raised later sunk as blockship off Brest, France.


b) Collingdoc


1) Union Transit, Ltd.

2) Paterson Steamships, Ltd.

Registry number: C. 147780

Hull number: 91

Vessel type: Canaller

Height: 18.3 ft.

Width: 43.2 ft.

Length: 252.5 ft.

Stroke length: 33 in.

Gross tonnage: 1780

Net tonnage: 1285

Materials: Steel

Engine type: Triple expansion

Piston 1: 16 in.

Piston 2: 27 in.

Piston 3: 44 in.

The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.

Back to Top