Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home
Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: Ann Arbor No. 4

Other name(s): City of Cheboygan; Edward H. Anderson

Ship owner: Ann Arbor Railroad; Michigan State Highway Commission; Washington Island Storage Corp.

Engine builder: American Ship Building Co., Lorain, Ohio

Year ship built: 1906

Year engine built: 1906

Final disposition: Sold for scrap, 1973, and scrapped in Genoa, Italy.

Notes:

Made into a barge, Manitowoc, 1959.

Engine specs, port: 14 in, 22 in., 38 in. with 32 in. stroke.

Starboard: 14 in., 22 5/8 in., 38 1/8 in. with 32 in stroke.

Remarks:

b) City of Cheboygan (1937)

c) Edward H. Anderson (1959)

Owners:

1) Ann Arbor Railroad, Frankfort, Michigan

2) Michigan State Highway Commission (1937)

3) Washington Island Storage Corp (1958)

 

Registry number: US. 203695

Hull number: 436

Vessel type: Train Ferry

Height: 19 ft.

Width: 52 ft.

Length: 259 ft.

Stroke length: 32 in.

Gross tonnage: 1786

Net tonnage: 937

Materials: Steel

Engine type: Triple expansion

Piston 1: Port 14 in

Piston 2: Port 22 in

Piston 3: Port 38 in

The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.

Back to Top