Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home
University of Detroit Chorus Collection

In the 1940s, students participated in various small choral groups. The university got involved by establishing a coed glee club which then turned into a mixed choral group. It was first called the Choral Club and later was changed to Choral Society. The Club/Society was directed by George McLeod until 1953 when Don Large was hired.

The photos within this period of time were found within the Archives of the Library. At this time it is difficult to determine which year each photo was taken. That is why they have been grouped together. Future research may be able to tag some or all of these photos to specific years. However, in this collection there is one photo that can be identified coming from 1949, namely “Spring Concert 1949” which is the first image. – Gerald Gruska

Chorus member name: McLeod, George

Back to Top