The James T. Callow Folklore Archive
An Austrian yoddler
On a mountain top high.
When along came a ____A____
Interrupting his cry.
Oh de lay ke-ke, oh de lay ____B____ (repeat twice more)
Oh de lay ke-ke, ah oh.
1. a cuckoo --- cuckoo
2. two cuckoos --- cuckoo-cuckoo
3. a skier --- swish
4. an avalanche --- rumble-rumble
5. a St. Bernard --- ark ark
6. an ambulance --- whirrrrr
7. a road-runner --- bee-beep zoommm
A song of Sigma Tri Beta Tau chapter
Data entry tech comment:
Informant and collector are the same person.
|Subject headings:||Ballad Song Dance Game Music Verse -- Social reunion|