Back to Top
Top Nav content Site Footer
University Home
Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection
Original name: Huron

Ship owner: Capt. A.E. Goodrich; D. Cole; E. Ward; G. Hannah; Trowbridge & Wilcox

Ship builder: Ward Shipyards, Bushnell, Marine City

Year ship built: 1852

Notes:

First ship of "Goodrich Fleet".  Abandoned 1877.

 

Remarks:

Owners:

1) E. Ward, Newport

2) Capt. A.E. Goodrich, Chicago, Illinois

3) Trowbridge & Wilcox, Detroit, Michigan

4) D. Cole, Saginaw, Michigan

5) G. Hannah, South Haven, Michigan

Registry number: US. 11194

Hull number: None

Vessel type: Passenger and Freight, sidewheel

Height: 10.2 ft.

Width: 23.4 ft.

Length: 167.5 ft.

Gross tonnage: 348

Materials: Wood

Engine type: Beam (crosshead) (EH)

The material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The documents may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium, provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The source of the material, the University of Detroit Mercy Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection, must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.

Back to Top